In today’s world you are part of social media whether you choose to be or not. This is especially true for any business – whether you’re a multinational company or a local corner store. Your customers are talking about you on the web. Experience with social media notwithstanding, there is vast potential to be tapped online.The sheer size of the audience you can reach is one obvious benefit of social media. Facebook alone has over 1 billion users. Michigan-based businesses who had previously only sold locally may consider offering their products nationally or overseas. Those who offer services or other products not viable for shipping will still be surprised about how far clients may travel if they are successful at reaching them. A strong online presence also opens singularly effective channels of communication with existing and potential customers. These channels can be used to announce new offerings, update customers on sales and relevant news, and also for customer support or feedback. All of these channels bring information helping you to better understand your clientele and identify any strengths and weaknesses of your business. You can now act on this valuable information in real time. There is no magic overnight quick-fix to all your online marketing needs. To fully maximize the potential of social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, there are several things you should keep in mind.
- Think through what strategies you may adopt. Start from your offline marketing stategy and see how to best make it fit with your social media sites. Remember, however, that social media marketing tends to be much more dynamic than traditional marketing. Learn to adapt, and adapt quickly.
- You or an assigned social media person should be online once every day at the very least. Be aware of any emerging trends among both your clients as well as your competitors. Act accordingly, and quickly.
- Engage your audience. This means a lot more in social media than, say, in television advertisements, where all you need to do is pique their interest. Use the many tools available online to actually create a lasting bond with them.
- Share relevant and interesting material, such as videos, memes, articles, and other links and media. They should be informative most of the time, but feel free to kick back and have a few laughs now and then. When you become comfortable enough in your knowledge of your audience’s interests, you can even make your own memes and videos.
- Be careful about being insensitive to different beliefs and preferences. Be relevant instead of bland and neutral, but avoid being offensive and alienating.
While marketing is about getting your message across, social media marketing is about what your audience needs and wants. This should be apparent in every post, status update, and tweet. Be sincere, and soon enough, you will be getting more and more likes and followers. People satisfied with your product and effectively engaged in communication will then repost your material, invite others to like your page, and give positive testimony about your company. Facebook, Twitter, and many other social media sites are completely free even for businesses, it is impossible to find a better return on investment in any other marketing sphere. If your time investment seems too steep or managing your social media platforms seems overwhelming, there are other options.
ajacWebDesign.com is here for all your social media needs. We guarantee that our team of seasoned professionals will get your online presence up and running at full steam in no time. We will get you in control of your social media world. Services include: consultation and branding, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, & more!) account creation, and daily managing of your pages. Use our contact form or call us at (734) 459-1114. We look forward to speaking with you.